Developing an Online or Blended Course DRAFT
[ Intro ]
Getting started with your course design
- Choose your modality. You’ve chosen to design your course as a online or blended course.
- Consider what Equity, Diversity and Inclusion means in your course design.
- Use the principles of Universal Instructional Design as a basis.
- Support International students through deliberate design
- Support 2LGBTQ+ students through deliberate design
- Explore Indigenous ways of knowing and identify how you can integrate these in both your course design and pedagogical approach.
- Decide how you will ensure Academic Integrity in your course design.
- Digital pedagogy asks you to consider whether technology should be part of your course design
- Select learning technologies will enable you to integrate technology into your course design.
- Refer to the Teaching Technology section for information about UM supported teaching technologies, related workshop listings, and one-on-one technology consultations.
- Consider adding digital media.
- Digital media can enhance your course by displaying complicated data, difficult concepts, and enhance student engagement with interactive elements. Consult with a Media Developer to understand the available options.
- Video and media resources?
- These ready-to-use to use tools have been designed to support your course design:
For all one-on-one support with new course design or simply to get feedback on your current course design, book a consultation with our course design experts.