Culture and World Views
This section includes various perspectives from diverse Indigenous cultural perspectives and ways of knowing.
- Fixico, D.L. (2003). The American Indian Mind in a Linear World: American Indian Studies and Traditional Knowledge. New York, N.Y Routledge-Taylor and Francis Group.
- Kirkness, V., & Barnhardt, R. (1991). First Nations and Higher Education: The Four R’s — Respect, Relevance, Reciprocity, Responsibility. Journal of American Indian Education, 30(3), 1-15.
- Kovach, M. (2010). Indigenous Methodologies: Characteristics, Conversations, and Contexts. Toronto, ON. University of Toronto Press.
- Lane Jr. Phil, Brown Lee, Bopp Judie, Bopp Michael, and Elders. (1985). The Sacred Tree. Reflections on Native American Spirituality. Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, U.S.A. Lotus Light Publications. [4th Ed. Four Worlds Development Project. 1984. © 2020 Goodminds.com].
- Canadian Council on Learning & Aboriginal Learning Knowledge Centre (2007). First Nations Holistic Lifelong Learning Model. Saskatoon: University of Saskatchewan.