Decolonization and Reconciliation
This section includes helpful links on how to decolonize education and how to participate in reconciliation.
- Alberta Regional Consortia. (2020). Empowering the Spirit: Educational Resources to Support Reconciliation. Retrieved August 31, 2020. Web.
- The Alberta Teacher’s Association. (2019). Walking Together: Education for Reconciliation. Stepping Stones: Planning Your Learning Journey. Indigenous Education Resources –pdf. Retrieved August 31, 2020. Web.
- Anuk, J., Battiste, M., George, P. Ningwakee. (2010). Learning from Promising Programs and Application in Nourishing the Learning Spirit. Canadian Journal of Native Education, 33(1), 63-82.
- Archibald Jo-Ann, Lee-Morgan Jenny, De Santolo Jason. Decolonizing Research: Indigenous Story Work as Methodology. University of Chicago Press. Amazon.
- Battiste, M., Henderson, J. Y.(Sa’ke’j). (2009). Naturalizing Indigenous knowledge in Eurocentric Education. Canadian Journal of Native Education, 32(1), 5-18.
- Bishop, A. (2002). Becoming an Ally: Breaking the Cycle of Oppression. (2nd edition). Toronto: University of Toronto Press.
- Fontaine Phil, Craft Aimée, and The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. (2016). A Knock on the Door: The Essential History of Residential Schools from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. Winnipeg, MB. University of Manitoba Press.
- Garcia-Perez Grisel, Maria and Rojas-Primus Constanza. (2017). Promoting Intercultural Communication Competencies in Higher Education. IGI Global-Disseminator of Knowledge.
- Reconciliation Education. (2020). Multimedia Teaching Units and Training.
- Risku, Michael., Harding, Letita. (2013). Education for Tomorrow: A Biocentric, Student-Focused Model for Reconstructing Education. University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- St. Denis, V. (2007). Aboriginal Education and Anti-Racist Education: Building Alliances Across Cultural and Racial Identity. Canadian Journal of Education, 30(4), 1068-1092.
- United Nations. (2011). United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- University of Alberta. (2020). Teaching for Diversity: Resources.
- University of Calgary. (2020). Indigenous Lifeways.
- University of Calgary. (2020). Werklund School of Education Indigenous Strategy.
- Wilson Shawn. Research is Ceremony: Indigenous Research Methods. 2008. Winnipeg, Manitoba. Fernwood Publishing.
- Younging Gregory. Elements of Indigenous Style: A Guide for Writing by and About Indigenous Peoples. Alberta, Canada. Brush Education Inc.