Health and Wellness
This section includes information about decolonizing health practices, anti-racism, cultural safety and other pertinent health issues.
- Indigenous Services Canada: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Indigenous communities.
- Rady, Faculty of Health Sciences. (2018) Racism, Anti-Racism and Cultural Safety-Core Concepts for Indigenous Health Education-March 27, 2018.
- Cultural Safety Working Group, First Nation, Inuit and Metis Advisory Committee of the Mental Health Commission of Canada. (2011). One Focus; Many Perspectives: A curriculum for Cultural Safety and Cultural Competence Education.Mental Health Commission of Canada, Health Canada. (Building Bridges 2 Project). A Native Mental Health Association of Canada and a Mood Disorders Society of Canada partnership.
- First Nations Health Authority. (2020). First Nations Perspectives on Health and Wellness.
- National Collaborating Centre for Aboriginal Health. (2005-2019). Knowledge Resources and Publications.
- Northern Health Indigenous Health. (2017). Cultural Safety: Respect and Dignity in Relationships.
- University of Manitoba Libraries. (2020). Indigenous Health: Urban Indigenous Health, IH201.
- Wesley-Esquimaux, Cynthia C and Smolewski, Magdalena. (2004). Historic Trauma and Aboriginal Healing. The Aboriginal Healing Foundation Research Series. Ottawa, ON.
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. (2020). Indigenous Health.